Family Sponsorship Visa
The Family Class Sponsorship Program enables Canadian PR/Citizens to sponsor certain members of the family to immigrate to Canada.
Eligible Family Members:
- Spouse, common-law or conjugal partner
- Dependent child
- Sibling, nephew, niece, or grandchild under 18 years who is unmarried and whose parents are deceased
If you are a Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada with a spouse residing outside of Canada- you may be eligible for sponsoring your partner to live with you.
There are various categories for the Spousal Sponsorship, such us:
- Spousal Sponsorship
- Common-law Partnership
- Conjugal Partner Relationship
You can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent child if:
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
- If you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents.
- You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada.
- You’re able to prove that you’re not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability
- you can provide for the basic needs of any persons you want to sponsor
Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship
You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents if:
- you’re at least 18 years old
- you live in Canada
- you’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
- you have enough money to support the persons you want to sponsor
- To show that you have enough, you’ll have to provide your proof of income.
Parent and Grandparent Super Visa Application
Canadian citizens and/or permanent residents have another option to bring a parent or grandparent to Canada.
The Super Visa Program allows parents and grandparents to come to Canada as long-term visitors on a multi-entry visa that remains valid for up to 10 years. Unlike standard visitor visas, a Super Visa allows visa holders to stay in Canada for up to two years on initial entry to Canada.
To be eligible for the Super Visa program, parents and grandparents must meet standard visitor visa requirements. In addition, they must:
- Provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada;
- Show that the sponsor in Canada meets minimum income requirements;
- Prove they have purchased Canadian health insurance for at least one year; and
- Complete an immigration medical examination.